Hi everyone,

I’ve been doing Bloomin’ Faeries! for 3+ years now. It’s been (and remains) an amazing ride. I’m having tons of fun working with Wondollar and watching how he makes the strips come to life. Not only is he a fantastic partner to work with, he produces high quality art that’s worth every penny. But having said all this, I must also look at the facts and ensure the financials make sense. The sad news, however, is that every single month for the last 3 years, the strip has been in the red. At the end of last year, I made the decision to double the number of strips a week in an attempt to increase readership and make some of the money back through advertisement.

That, unfortunately, has not proven successful.

The reality is that the costs of producing Bloomin’ Faeries! are 70% covered by membership fees; the rest (30%) is from advertisement, marginal sales from the store, and my own personal funds. It’s really thanks to the generosity of the paying members that this site keeps on running. Whatever solution I bring to the problem needs to respect their ongoing support (that means I want to give them more than ever before).

So after several months of thinking it over, I’m making the call. Starting in September, we’re returning to a weekly schedule (every Monday, as before). We’ll focus mainly on the (mis)adventures of Heather and some of the characters around her. Wondollar will continue to illustrate those strips at the same level of quality you’re used to. In ADDITION, he will be creating 2+ strips every month as part of a members-only series (I’ll share details on this during the month of August). For the members, this will stack up with the content that I’ve been consistently adding to the site every month. This is my way of saying “thank you” for their support over the years.

But it’s not all bad news for the non-members. While I’m going to put more strips in the member area, I’m going to return the blog to the general public (yes, even the old entries that were marked members only). So while you won’t get a new strip on Thursday, there’ll be a blog entry waiting for you if you decide to pay us a visit. :)

I’m sure this is very disappointing to many of you out there. I share your sentiment. This is, however, only a minor setback. I will put renewed efforts in better managing the site’s finances in the coming months so that I can some day return to a twice-a-week schedule.

In the meantime, however, I thank you all for your continued support and understanding.

–Jaycee
“I’m doing it.”

Share